This is my 3 week Diet Chef update and a little insight into how I am getting on with the plan.
Week 3 had some new things to try which is always exciting!
LUNCH / DINNERS / SNACKS
- Chilli Oat Bites - The same delicate crisp taste as the cheese oat bites but with a warming delicate sweet chilli flavour, but in no way spicy! Having previously tried the cheese oat bites I was expecting the same thing, just a different flavour and that is what I got. These are a lovely snack and do feel naughty even though they are not. They were not as "coated" as the onion bites I would say but still very tasty and a nice treat.
- Beef Meatballs - Very filling and flavoursome beef meatballs, coated in a rich tomato sauce with garlic, olive oil and oregano. Truly a taste not found on many diet menus. I ate these with pasta and it made for a very tasty and filling meal. The meatballs were soft and tender and the sauce was rich and full of flavour.
- Cream of Tomato Soup - Year on year this soup tops the charts on the best sellers list, and at last we have matched the truly delicious creamy delicate balance. We are confident about how great this soup tastes but will leave your taste buds to decide! I cannot say enough about this soup! Having just read that this topped the charts on the best sellers list I am not surprised. I usually find cream of tomato soup to be bland and bitter in taste but this is another level of soup! I can't believe how much I enjoyed this considering I don't usually like tomato soup. It was rich, creamy, full of flavour and the right level of sweetness, having only ordered one of these I am kicking myself!
- Sausages in Onion Gravy - Two 75g pork sausages, cooked in an immensely rich, deep flavoured caramelized onion and red wine gravy. Genuinely better than those served in some restaurants I know, amazing! Sausages in gravy is one of those dishes that I would regularly enjoy on a cold winter evening but I’ve not ate it for a few years. I left this to the 3rd week as I wasn't sure if I would like it but I am happy to say that I was pleasantly surprised! As you can see from the pictures this was no small portion, it was 2 large sausages in a gorgeous gravy that tasted like homemade, it was absolutely delicious, it was so good I ate it 2 nights in a row!
- Vegetable Chilli - With a fantastic blend of spices in the sauce, packed full of filling kidney and pinto beans and creamy chick peas, with chunks of potato, carrots and green beans, a truly lovely eat! This dish tastes so great with such a depth of flavour it's hard to believe it's a vegetarian option. Having really enjoyed the meat chilli I was looking forward to the vegetarian option. This was exactly what I would look for in a vegetable chilli, was packed full of flavour, beans and vegetables. Was really delicious and I would happily eat again, so many vegetable chillies are a real miss for me but this didn't disappoint.
- Chicken Chasseur - A classic French dish, tender chicken breast with tomatoes, mushrooms, a splash of white wine and tarragon. My mum would make chicken chasseur years ago and seeing it on the plan just made me want to try it again, see if it would bring back some nice happy memories but for me this had a strange taste. It does states that it had a splash of wine in it and since I don’t drink wine I’m not sure if this was maybe what I didn’t enjoy about it and also the tarragon.
This week my weight stayed the same but my body fat dropped again by 0.5% and my clothes are feeling less tight, especially round my tummy. I am certain that I am losing more inches than pounds but a lot of any sort is always a plus from me!
*post contains PR samples*